Post-tensioning is a method of reinforcement employing high-strength steel strands or bars, which enable the existence of longer clear spans, thinner slabs and in many cases of structural systems that would otherwise be impossible due to either site constraints or architectural requirements.
However, unlike ordinary steel reinforcement, post-tensioning systems require specialized knowledge, expertise and experience to implement. Expertise that Freyssinet, with bases in five continents, has been providing for the past 50 years, in the following types of civil engineering structures / construction:
- Bridges, including major cast-in-place and precast structures, using various construction methods such as balanced cantilever, span-by-span, cable stayed, incrementally launched, and typical highway interchanges and overpasses as well as airport taxiways.
- Concrete offshore gravity based platforms.
- Circular containment tanks for LNG, water, materials, etc.
- Nuclear containment buildingse.
- Post-tensioned concrete buildings, parking garages, office buildings, multi-unit dwellings and industrial structures.
- Special applications: rock & soil anchors, structural repair and strengthening and post-tensioned pavements.
Freyssinet’s C Range System represents the state-of-the-art in multi-strand post-tensioning and is designed for use in all types of structural systems. Special applications requiring unique applications such as electrical isolation, adjustability, future removal etc., may be addressed with Freyssinet’s in-house staff of experienced engineers and technical experts.
Freyssinet’s C Range System was developed by drawing on more than 50 years of experience with post-tensioning and is identified by features such as:
- Versatility—Easily adaptable to suit the applications, anchorages are rectangular to better fit thinner bridge webs and slabs, may be used with either 15.2mm or 15.7 mm diameter strands and all internationally available grades, appropriate for use as internal and external post-tensioned tendons, available in anchorage increments from 3 strands up to 55 x 15.7 mm strand tendons, compatible with galvanized steel, HDPE and/or HDPP ducts; or ductless applications.
- Compactness—Anchorages which allow for better diffusion of prestressing forces, thereby reducing the web thickness and dimensions of anchor blocks and recess dimensions.
- Efficient Installation—The C Range is very user friendly due to its compactness, lightweight anchorage components and development of very efficient and reliable installation stressing and grouting equipment and procedures.
Freyssinet’s F Range System is especially well suited for transverse prestressing of bridge decks and building slabs. The F Range is normally used with flat ducts to optimize the eccentricity of the prestressing in members with shallow structural depths, yet still maintains the advantages of its predecessor with its compactness and light weight characteristics.
- Go to the Projects section to review the full references list.